Ask any camper from Ojibwa what their favorite parts of camp are, and inevitably the food will be on the list. Brunch buffets with Lox and Bagels, a fully-stocked Taco Bar, and house made pizzas to order are just a few of the incredible meals at Camp Ojibwa.
The head of the kitchen is Chef Kyle Jung. Chef Kyle is a classically trained Chef with a penchant for bringing joy to hundreds of campers every day. He, along with his wife Grace, have been a part of the Camp Ojibwa family since 2002. They look forward to returning to camp so much every summer that they spend most of the off-season preparing new ideas and concepts to implement for the next season!
It takes a lot of work to make a kitchen this large run smoothly. This is where our international staff come in. Each year, we hire 14-18 international support staff to help male and serve the meals every day. In addition to creating culinary masterpieces, our international staff are also an incredible resource for our campers and staff to learn about various countries in Europe and South America. These cultural exchanges really broaden the experience of camper and staff alike.
When it comes to summer camp, the health and well-being of your son is at the top of the list. With Camp Ojibwa, our healthcare staff and facilities are second to none. You can always feel safe that your camper is being cared for and looked after.
A Few Sample Meals from Camp:
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes, Raisin Bran, Fresh Fruit, Orange Juice
- Bacon, Scrambled Eggs, Hashbrowns, Froot Loops, Chocolate Milk
- Sunday Brunch - Lox & Bagels, Scrambled Eggs, Sausage Links, Fresh Strawberries, Apple Juice
- Grilled Cheese sandwiches, Tomato soup, Chips, Bug Juice.
- Taco Bar - Hard or soft shell, beans, rice, meat, cheese, guacamole, salsa, tomatoes, black olives, jalapenos.
- OJ PIZZA!
- Spaghetti, garlic breadsticks, mixed salad, grilled veggies.
- Grilled Chicken Breast Sandwiches, French Fries, Salad
- Chicken Kiev, Wild Rice, Corn, Salad